The final piece has come into place today so I can finally tell you what is going on.
Many of you have been asking “what’s up with your status updates?” I didn’t intend to be cryptic or give hints. It was really just what was in my heart or in my head at the time.
Let’s begin at the beginning so as to catch up those of you who are new to the blog or the mailing list.
In the fall of 1982 I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Immediately I knew I was called to ministry and have spent the ensuing years working out the call.
Since the very beginning I have immersed myself in church life and through serving the house have discovered what things I am passionate about and what things I don’t have the grace for. Two things have stood out to me and others. I was a pastor before I was a Christian and will be a pastor until I die regardless of title or job and I am a worshipper.
In 2001 Kim and I agreed it was time for me to take a step toward the call and soon after found ourselves in Sydney Australia attending HIllsong College. After two years of being fed, built up, and equipped. God spoke to me very clearly to lay down my dreams and serve “the man of God”. After much prayer we moved our family to Colorado Springs and planted at New Life Church. In the process I found out who “the man of God” was and began serving John Bevere. After an amazing 4 years of watching ministry work from the inside it is time for me to finally step out and pursue what God put in my heart so many years ago.
I have always loved the church and have no desire to be the next (insert favorite Christian artist here). My hearts desire is to see the body of Christ walking in the fullness of its calling. Jesus came to save the world through His death and resurrection not through His ministry. He trusted the communication of the means of salvation to 12 faithful men. We must begin again to ask God to send us faithful people so together we can build the church and serve the world. 1 Timothy 2:2, Ephesians 4:11-12.
When I left Messenger International at the end of January I didn’t really know what the next step was until one afternoon as I was riding my bicycle I decided to put myself in a position for God to move. Later that day I told Kim what was in my heart. When she agreed I felt real peace for the first time in a long time. 20 minutes later my phone rang. A church plant about an hour from my house asked me to come and help build their worship team. Why am I always amazed at the faithfulness of God? I am in contact with another church an hour in a different direction for the same reason.
It would be a huge blessing to have you partner with us in prayer as we put this whole thing together. Here are some prayer points:
- God has put us on good footing financially so I only have to replace a portion of my income. I’m looking for a place to serve like a coffee shop or night stocking at a store; something to bring in a bit of income and get me back in front of the unchurched.
- Pray for direction as I prepare the path of teaching. My first message will be on living a repentant lifestyle. I have ideas of where to go next but want the ideas of Heaven for building His church.
- Pray that God will send us faithful people with the gifting each of these churches need.
- Pray for resource at these two churches. Instruments, sound systems, projectors etc. etc. etc.
- Pray for the pastors and staff to catch the vision of recognizing, calling out, equipping, and releasing people into their gifting.
There will be more but that’s a good start.
Thank you for staying with me. It means more than I can express.