Not step one, and not necessarily the most important, although most certainly top 5.
Do what you say your going to do.
- Manage expectations.
- Don’t be overly optimistic, be realistic.
- Don’t make promises about things you can’t directly control.
- If you think it will take a week don’t promise a week, give yourself a buffer.
- Communicate, Communicate, Communicate.
- Don’t be late, if Siri says you’ll be there in 10 minutes let your party know you’ll be there in 15 minutes.
I know there’s more but you get the point. What am I missing?