Last night we saw the Nativity Story for the 2nd time.
I cried through most of it the first time and last night I got to really think about the whole story. It was done so well, aside from a couple of minor things. Like the wimpy little angel.
I thought of so many things like did Mary and Joseph know about the prophecies? I know that they were looking for a Messiah but did they know all of the OT prophecies. So I started looking and found some great stuff. This is my fovorite stat concerning Messianic Prophecy:
Messianic Prophecy Odds Without God
1. Jesus would be a descendant of David. 104 (1 in 10,000)
2. Jesus would be born in Bethlehem. 105 (1 in 100,000)
3. Jesus would be a miracle worker. 105 (1 in 100,000)
4. Jesus would present Himself as King
riding on a donkey. 106 (1 in 1,000,000)
5. Jesus would be betrayed by a friend
for 30 pieces of silver. 106 (1 in 1,000,000)
6. Jesus would be crucified. 106 (1 in 1,000,000)
7. Jesus would first present Himself as
King 173,880 days from the decree of
Artaxerxes to rebuild Jerusalem. 106 (1 in 1,000,000)
Total Probability (without God) 1038 (1 in a 100 billion, billion, billion, billion)
Thank God that His word is true and His council is perfect. We are so blessed.
Source: Messianic Prophecy